- Published on 1965
- Author: Lennon/McCartney
- Track 12 on “Rubber Soul”
Info about “Wait”
The songwriting credit is Lennon/McCartney, and is one of the real joint efforts between the two (Lennon wrote the verses and refrain in F# minor, and McCartney wrote the bridge in A major).
The lyrics, describing the singer’s anxieties about his relationship with his girl while he is away, are thematically similar to several other Lennon-McCartney songs, such as “When I Get Home” and “Things We Said Today,” written during the period of 1964 and 1965.
The song was originally recorded for Help! in June 1965 but did not make the final pressing. When Rubber Soul fell one song short for a Christmas release, “Wait” was brought back.
- John Lennon – double tracked vocal, rhythm guitar
- Paul McCartney – double tracked vocal, bass guitar
- George Harrison – lead guitar
- Ringo Starr – drums, maracas, tambourine